 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3817
3816  |  3818
Subject:
Steamship Möwe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:03:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello,

after reestablishing my posting privileges, I’d like to show my latest creation (part of a longer harbour project), a steamship in a style of the first decades of the 20th century: The freighter ‘Möwe’ (seagull)

It does not have a real model but I used many pictures of real ships of that type, to hit the same impression without being pedantic. The wooden planks as the main deck are a little bit unrealistic, but they support the impression of a model ship and give it a small shift to a comic style, which I like.

The ship is 1,34m long (4.34 ft) and if you like it, you could have a look to the BS-folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=238046

Andreas