 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3817

Subject:
Steamship Möwe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:03:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello,

after reestablishing my posting privileges, I’d like to show my latest creation (part of a longer harbour project), a steamship in a style of the first decades of the 20th century: The freighter ‘Möwe’ (seagull)

It does not have a real model but I used many pictures of real ships of that type, to hit the same impression without being pedantic. The wooden planks as the main deck are a little bit unrealistic, but they support the impression of a model ship and give it a small shift to a comic style, which I like.

The ship is 1,34m long (4.34 ft) and if you like it, you could have a look to the BS-folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=238046

Andreas

Re: Steamship Möwe
"Andreas Weissenburg" <andreas(dot)weissenburg(add)t-online(dot)de> wrote in
message news:JEFwps.BKJ@lugnet.com...

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/grubaluk/VeryLargeVehicles/Steamship/aabild1.jpg>>

It does not have a real model but I used many pictures of real ships of
that
type, to hit the same impression without being pedantic. The wooden planks
as
the main deck are a little bit unrealistic, but they support the
impression of a
model ship and give it a small shift to a comic style, which I like.

The ship is 1,34m long (4.34 ft)  and if you like it, you could have a
look to
the BS-folder: <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=238046>

Andreas

That's pretty... You get the "Oooooooh" award for the day!

-Rob
www.brickmodder.net

Re: Steamship Möwe