 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3817
    Steamship Möwe —Andreas Weissenburg
   Hello, after reestablishing my posting privileges, I'd like to show my latest creation (part of a longer harbour project), a steamship in a style of the first decades of the 20th century: The freighter 'Möwe' (seagull) (URL) It does not have a real (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

        Re: Steamship Möwe —Rob Hendrix
      "Andreas Weissenburg" <andreas(dot)weissen...ne(dot)de> wrote in message news:JEFwps.BKJ@lugnet.com... (...) That's pretty... You get the "Oooooooh" award for the day! -Rob www.brickmodder.net (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Steamship Möwe —Nelson Yrizarry
     In lugnet.announce.moc, Andreas Weissenburg wrote: Excellent! This is a great MOC to see at a display, and I really like your detailing - from the small anchors to the minifigs themselves. x-posting to the .boats subgroup. "Big Daddy" Nelson (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Steamship Möwe —James Garrett
     Andreas: You sure know your ships! I like the attention to detail such as the navigation lights, anchor winch, ventilation shafts, draft lines on the side of the hull, etc. As you may be aware, a ship of this name was one of the more successful of (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Steamship Möwe —Andreas Weissenburg
     (...) Uups, had no idea - I thought that is a quite common name for small sailing boats and harmless things like that. So I declare my loyality to a democratic and republican constitution :-) Andreas (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Steamship Möwe —James Garrett
     (...) In 1914, the German navy converted a banana transport into the armed merchant raider Mowe; this ship turned out to be very destructive to the British and her allies. Almost 50 ships were captured, sunk, or mined by the Mowe. The ship's (...) (17 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Steamship Möwe —Alastair Disley
     A great concept, beautifully executed. With regards to the planks, everything in LEGO has a degree of cartoonification, so if it gives the right impression without being too distorted, it's valid in my book. Al (who has also just got posting (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Steamship Möwe —Tommy Armstrong
     (...) Of course if you want some real teak veneered LEGO tiles, I am your man. lol I would think that the deck would be of teak, but all woods available. Tommy Armstrong www.brickengraver.com (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Steamship Möwe —Timothy Gould
   (...) Stunning work. The model is packed full of details and since I'll annoy the people who know the names of things on ships if I try to comment on most of them I'll stick to what is probably my favourite detail... the captain's beard (small (...) (17 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Steamship Möwe —Andreas Weissenburg
   (...) At least, I will try an attempt in the next months. I have survived my (URL) bus> without problems, so this will be the next step to insanity - why not :-) There may be some parts not available actually in Ldraw format (The rims used for the (...) (17 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)