 Town / 9497
Re: Steamship Möwe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:38:34 GMT

"Andreas Weissenburg" <andreas(dot)weissenburg(add)t-online(dot)de> wrote in
message news:JEFwps.BKJ@lugnet.com...
Hello,

after reestablishing my posting privileges, I'd like to show my latest
creation
(part of a longer harbour project), a steamship in a style of the first
decades
of the 20th century: The freighter 'Möwe' (seagull)

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/grubaluk/VeryLargeVehicles/Steamship/aabild1.jpg>>

It does not have a real model but I used many pictures of real ships of
that
type, to hit the same impression without being pedantic. The wooden planks
as
the main deck are a little bit unrealistic, but they support the
impression of a
model ship and give it a small shift to a comic style, which I like.

The ship is 1,34m long (4.34 ft)  and if you like it, you could have a
look to
the BS-folder: <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=238046>

Andreas

That's pretty... You get the "Oooooooh" award for the day!

-Rob
www.brickmodder.net