 Town / 8063
Re: New MOC: 30,000 piece neighborhood with minfigs that walk around
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:28:10 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Sean Kenney wrote:

   It was incredibly complicated to get the motion working (being as non-Technic-al as I am). Actually, the mechanics were simple enough, but I encountered a lot of woes with friction and the topheavy nature of a minifig. (I even assembled a 12-minute video of the various mechanical tests I ran over the last few weeks... some people have found it amusing, shrug.)

It was more than amusing; it was hilarious. I especially recommend watching it at some point where you’re not supposed to be giggling at your desk, such as at work. Just make sure you won’t get into TOO much trouble when you bust up.

Seriously though, this is amazing work Sean. I’ve experimented with moving things around with hidden magnets too, and I know how finicky they can be. My hat’s off to you for getting it to work so well, and for producing a beautiful layout besides!