 Town / 8069
Re: New MOC: 30,000 piece neighborhood with minfigs that walk around
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:21:00 GMT

   I reeeeaaaalllly loved the 12 minute video clip. ... I can’t believe you had the forethought to actuallly film the process on that tight timeline.

Well, actually, my fiancee has been away in Finland for a month on business, so since we are 8 hours off, I kept her up-to-date with my work with little videos and photos. This is the first time in a really long time that I haven’t had her here as my muse, and I needed her feedback!

In retrospect, I’m glad it forced me to take the time to set up the camera, because I love being able to go back and relive the behind-the-scenes stuff.

   And those Target foam mats (*1) in your workspace look pretty familiar. (*1) - Don’t you love the misleading package cover on those mats? They picture a nice square of 9 mats, but the package only contains 6!

Darn it! Ours only have FOUR in a pack. Must be a US-mat / Canada-mat exchange rate thing. :)

   Excellent job, all round. What’s next for you?

Thanks!

Well, first a little bit of R&R, then a wedding, then an 80-day trip around the world with my soon-to-be-wife. :) Other than that, I’ve got another potential trade show, potentially a 30-minute TV special, and perhaps a 100 cubic foot model of a corporate logo. We’ll see... all TBD, of course. And that wedding is getting in the way, they’re so time consuming. :)

Sean