 Technic / Bionicle / 1224
Re: LEGO in Washington Post
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:54:43 GMT

Dave Johann at hardcoredj@techie.com wrote:

Limiting on creativity? Wow! I guess you haven't been reading .build.mecha
lately. Mech builders continually strive to push the limits of creativity well
beyond what the pieces sold to us are usually used for. Two of the best
examples
of this were posted in the past few days-Mladen Pejic's mecha-Tortoise and
Mark
Sandlin's LM-5 Aerial Assault Mecha.

I appreciate the nod, but I used absolutely no Buy-onicle parts whatsoever
in my latest mecha. I used the ball and socket bits from C-3P0, and I used
two ball bits that I chopped off the end of those useless throwbot arms.
(Egad!)

In a related rant, I noticed that Mega Bloks have three new Block Bots on
the shelves. Each one comes with a Bot and a companion animal/beast. Yeah, I
know the quality isn't there, but when you hold up a $20 Block Bot and a $20
Mars mech thing, the Block Bot looks like something a kid would be much more
impressed with.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations