 Technic / 5600
Re: IR Controller in 8539 Manas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:36:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Paul Coombs writes:
Hao-yang Wang,
   I'd be interested in knowing a few things like:  How fast do they go and
can you adjust the speed?  What is the range on the remotes?  How much power
do the motors seem to have (wondering how big/heavy a creation you could
make that wouldn't overburden the motors.)

Thanks!

Paul

The speed is not adjustable. (Unless you have a fast thumb and can do the
PVM manually. :-)

The motors are able to move the big alternative model around comfortably,
but they don't seem to be as powerful as the Technic geared-down motors.

John Barnes has posted an amazing article about the innards of the IR unit
at <http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=15809>.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang