 Technic / 5588
Re: IR Controller in 8539 Manas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:49:58 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Christian Gemünden writes:
Thanks for that complete review, Hao-yang Wang,

for everyone who needs an image to figure what details he is talking about,
I have a good shot of the Remote that I uploaded a few months back when
visiting the GERMAN LEGO Truck that stopped nearby...

http://www.brickmaster.de/images/bio_truck7.jpg

Too bad I don't have the set myslef yet. I am excited, Hao-yang, what is the
combined Manas model about to do and do you need both controllers to command
it? Are the building instructions included as for all the other Rahi sets?

Oh, yes, I am talking about this alternate Rahi, image found at:

http://www.brickmaster.de/images/8539-alt.jpg

It seems like the bottom motors are there to move and navigate and the upper
two must have some kind of grab function and what's that rubber-band near
the yellow Komau massks doing (it's a "spring-loaded" rubberband, right?).
The world needs to know...

THANKS!

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.oO
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de

In lugnet.technic, Hao-yang Wang writes:
My <set:8539>, back-ordered from Lego S@H, just arrived in mail. I have not
finished building the models yet.

The set comes with two IR controllers, as well as two receivers. Each IR
units take 3 AA batteries, so you need 12 batteries in total.

Each IR receiver has two motor outputs. On the controller there are four
buttons, controlling the forward and the reverse motion of the two motors.

The receivers can be configured to receive from one of the three channels.
Similarly the controllers can be configured to send using one of the three
channels, plus the "all" option to broadcast to all the channels at once. On
the channel changing dial, there is a socket to let you insert a Technic
axle into it. A nice touch.

Having been hoping for a Rokenbok-like toy, I admit to be a bit disappointed
to the limit of 2 motors per controller. Actually it is not that bad --
Combining the two controllers/receivers gives you four motors in total.
Already I am start thinking of all the interesting toys I can build out of
these IR units.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang

Also, please let us know, what is the exact color and types of the 4 masks
found on the manas. Thanx