 Technic / 4610
Re: LSD/Auto-Locking Differential Gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:58:53 GMT

olivier wrote:

One of my creations is a HEMTT truck, which incorpotates tandem axles; one
is LSD and the other is locking diff.
See http://olivierg.50megs.com/hemtt/hemtt.htm for the project.
See http://olivierg.50megs.com/hemtt/pic2.htm for a close-up pic of the
layout.

Olivier--

Very nice, simple designs!  I wish I knew how to have the differential
automatically engage the lock, but I can only think of ways that involve hydraulics...

//Henry Chea
                          hchea@kungstorget.nu
            *S*  Göteborg, jaja, jag behöver inget mer!  *S*
                       http://www.kungstorget.nu