 Technic / 4588
Re: LSD/Auto-Locking Differential Gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:48:49 GMT

I have managed to make a LSD using the white clutch gear (clutch-pack
type of LSD).  Sorry, no pics yet!

My original plan was to make a torsen type LSD, but after learning how
one works, I have concluded that it's impossible to do with lego parts.
Torsens require helical gears of the proper angle, plus they have to be
made of materials with the correct coefficients of friction...  Lego has
a limitation afterall!

//Henry Chea
                          hchea@kungstorget.nu
            *S*  Göteborg, jaja, jag behöver inget mer!  *S*
                       http://www.kungstorget.nu