 Technic / 4587
Subject:
LSD/Auto-Locking Differential Gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:03:44 GMT

I just had a question...has anyone here been able to successfully build a
limited slip differential (LSD) or automatic locking differential out of the
Technic elements? I've been toying around with the various types of
differential designs used in real life and been trying to implement them
into Lego models and was able to make a "simulated" manual lockable
differential which basically allows for switching between the differential
or a pair of standard gears...but I can't seem to think of a way to do the
other kinds. Any ideas?

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com

Re: LSD/Auto-Locking Differential Gears