 Storage / 77
Re: Have LEGO, will travel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:39:17 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

But my question REALLY was around, if you had to put together a small
"kit" of
parts to keep you amused while you were on an airplane, or overnight
on a biz
trip to kill an hour or two, what would you take and how would you
keep it
organized (keeping in mind that small for me does not necessarily
equal small
for you... I had one 2 gal ziplok, plus an 8437  bought from
Macfrugals the
first week I was here, built a chemical tanker and a hopper car (which
are at
work now), but felt very hemmed in, possibility wise. Now I have more
stuff.
bwhahaha)?

This probably runs counter to most of y'all but for filling small
numbers of short times to kill I think that a few bags of rectangular
blocks and some slopes would do.  I like building in two modes.  One is
to see what I can do with plain bricks and the other is to use as many
specialty pieces as is appropriate.  I can amuse myself for hours with
just 2x2 slopes, inverse slopes,  and 2x4s.  OTOH, I certainly do
business travel less than you, and if it were common, I might change my
mind.

Sincerely,

Christopher Weeks
central Missouri, USA