 Storage / 69
Re: Have LEGO, will travel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 17:03:01 GMT

Louise Belles writes:
The topic of traveling with LEGOS came up on a previous thread, and I • suggested
strapping bins together.  But I didn't realise Larry P. was talking about • plane
travel, not just across town.  For plane travel I would go with the large
zip-lock bags - up to 2 gal. Then pile these in a duffel bag, or even the
corners of your suitcase.

Yup, that's what I've been doing. And for what to bring on the drive out here
to CO, I opened up two technic shuttles, a bigfoot, two robots, and some other
sets, dumped all the parts bags into one big 66 quart bin, (on top of 6 gal
worth of unsorted parts I had not yet taken care of) then filled up another 66
quart bin with pickings from my shoebox bins (kept sorted with new shoebox
bins I bought special). I didn't want to bring so much stuff that I had trouble
getting it back to Ada (like I did from Detroit, it filled an entire van that I
rented)... but I wanted enough to build happily.

Since I am about to aquire a collection from a CO native that will need some
parts replacement, I am concerned that I don't have enough assortment of stuff
with me to do it here.

But my question REALLY was around, if you had to put together a small "kit" of
parts to keep you amused while you were on an airplane, or overnight on a biz
trip to kill an hour or two, what would you take and how would you keep it
organized (keeping in mind that small for me does not necessarily equal small
for you... I had one 2 gal ziplok, plus an 8437  bought from Macfrugals the
first week I was here, built a chemical tanker and a hopper car (which are at
work now), but felt very hemmed in, possibility wise. Now I have more stuff.
bwhahaha)?

Would you take a treasured set? Or two? Or would you try to outfit a kit? Would
you stick to your favorite theme? (take pity on me, RR models are BIG compared
to town vehicles! )

-Lar