 Star Wars / 12446
Re: The Star Wars Alphabet Fighter Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 01:21:06 GMT

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.starwars, Gary Thomas writes:
Very nice, and very original.  You should have entered the ISCC SW • category.

What on earth is the G-Wing canopy from?  I'd love to get that piece.

   That, good sir, is the famous Duplo Easter Egg in green.  Jon,
   I concede that not only was my guess for its use wrong, but that
   you've used it much more effectively than I had expected even of
   you.  Wow!  (Also:  Does the interior rotate?)

Hey there. I've been away from my comp.  I just got back from OKC.
Thanks Lindsay!  Your guess was actually correct about me using the eggs for
hydroponics but I had a few other ideas for them until then.  I've wanted to
use a duplo egg for a ship ever since I first saw them.

The interior does rotate.  At the base (inside) are 4 2x2 round bricks that
make the conversion from the Duplo studs to System studs.  On top of these
is a 4x4 black turntable.  The spinning works fairly well but its not
perfect.  This will probably not be the first time I use an egg for a ship
so the next time I'd like to improve the spinning mechanism.

-Jon