 Star Wars / 12435
Re: The Star Wars Alphabet Fighter Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 20:08:55 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jon Palmer writes:
"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message
I love the G-wing!  It's not especially Star-Warsish, IMO, but it's
still a great shape.  What do you mean, the canopy dissolves?  Do they
have to replace it every time the fighter goes out?
  The entry mechanism and engines on the D wing are excellent too.  The
wing could use a little more length/depth perhaps to make it more
substantial.  Can't wait to see the rest!
--Bram

Thanks Bram.
I can pretty much guarentee that with 18 ships a few of them might not look
StarWarsian.
I'll try my best though. :-)

Heres the deal with the canopy.  For a while I tried a wrap around hinge
mechanism but it just didn't look right.  To make up for this I figure the
canopy is either some sort of force field, a jelly like substance like we
see in the Gungan city in Phantom Menace, or maybe its some sort of nanotech
that can build a disassemble itself.

That makes plenty of sense.  Think about the River scene with the Gungan Sub
just when it arrives at the capital city.  The canopies on it simply
dissolve to allow the jedi and Jar Jar to get out.

And it does look a little like a star wars ship that already exists, the
Virago, although that never appeared in the movies.

Adrian