 Space / 38600
Re: 1/275 Scale Salamis Kai from Zeta Gundam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 05:48:32 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jeff Stembel wrote:
   Started mid-2004 and not finished until hours before its debut at the National Air and Space Museum on April 16, I present to you my 1/275th scale Salamis Kai. An upgraded version of the original Salamis from the 0070s, this ship contains an added mobile suit hangar, launch deck, and related facilities as well as added armament. One of the most successful ships designed by the Federal Forces, it was used from the late UC 0080s through the UC 0150s.

The model itself is a bit over a meter long and probably weighs between 20 and 30 pounds. I’d estimate between 7000 and 10,000 pieces were used to create it, although I didn’t think to keep any sort of tally. The color scheme is not really a match to any of the authentic versions, but somewhat of a combination of the EFSF and AEUG color schemes. Overall, I’m quite pleased with the final product; although I’d like to redesign the hangar deck and the main double barreled mega particle cannons.

For all images of the Salamis Kai taken at the NASM event, visit my gallery at: http://www.aulddragon.com/gallery/SalamisKai

Images of the original ship can be seen here: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/z/salamis.htm

Comments are appreciated!

Jeff

Nice Work Jeff, upon first inspection I thought it was something from Starblazers. Very cool hull shape and paint scheme. My only real complaint was the guns, but you addressed that already. I’d love to see it in person.

-Keith