 Space / 38635
Re: 1/275 Scale Salamis Kai from Zeta Gundam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:21:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote:
About the guns, because the black sucks the detail out of the guns they look
kind of like tumors.  Just changing them to a shade of gray might fix the
problem.  In general they just look a little under-detailed, but don't take
away from the grandeur of the ship.

Black doesn't photograph well; they're a lot more detailed in person.  I'd
considered Dark Grey, but I didn't have the parts at the time.  I plan to get
the parts, though, because I want to try it and decide if I like it better (I
even have an idea for mixing new and old dark gray that might look good), but
that may be a few months off.

Another problem was that I wanted the barrels to be individually posable, which
presents some construction problems on the smallest guns.

I'd like to give you a more concrete suggestion of what parts to use, but I'm
not good at describing that kind of thing.  Again, it's a smokin' cool ship.

What about building a mockup and getting pictures?  Or linking to the parts on
Peeron or something?  I'm very interested in other construction ideas for the
guns.

Jeff