 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2744
Subject:
1/275 Scale Salamis Kai from Zeta Gundam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:47:53 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Started mid-2004 and not finished until hours before its debut at the National Air and Space Museum on April 16, I present to you my 1/275th scale Salamis Kai. An upgraded version of the original Salamis from the 0070s, this ship contains an added mobile suit hangar, launch deck, and related facilities as well as added armament. One of the most successful ships designed by the Federal Forces, it was used from the late UC 0080s through the UC 0150s.

The model itself is a bit over a meter long and probably weighs between 20 and 30 pounds. I’d estimate between 7000 and 10,000 pieces were used to create it, although I didn’t think to keep any sort of tally. The color scheme is not really a match to any of the authentic versions, but somewhat of a combination of the EFSF and AEUG color schemes. Overall, I’m quite pleased with the final product; although I’d like to redesign the hangar deck and the main double barreled mega particle cannons.

For all images of the Salamis Kai taken at the NASM event, visit my gallery at: http://www.aulddragon.com/gallery/SalamisKai

Images of the original ship can be seen here: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/z/salamis.htm

Comments are appreciated!

Jeff

Re: 1/275 Scale Salamis Kai from Zeta Gundam
Sweet ship, Jeff! I love the way you interlock different slope bricks to create different planes. I find the scale of it especially satisfying--vast without threatening to crush small onlookers.

What is the Maersk blue behemoth in the background of the photo

http://www.aulddragon.com/gallery/SalamisKai/Salamis_005

?

-Teddy

Re: 1/275 Scale Salamis Kai from Zeta Gundam
   Sweet ship, Jeff! I love the way you interlock different slope bricks to create different planes. I find the scale of it especially satisfying--vast without threatening to crush small onlookers.

Thanks! It is actually larger than I’d originally planned, but as I built more, that’s the scale it wanted to be.

It helped that I had a good diagram that matched up 2 studs per tick on my ruler. XD

   What is the Maersk blue behemoth in the background of the photo

http://www.aulddragon.com/gallery/SalamisKai/Salamis_005

That would be Dan’s luxury liner Shangri-La. There are more images of it in the NASM event galleries. You can access them from either the .events group or the wamalug.org homepage. :)

Jeff

Re: 1/275 Scale Salamis Kai from Zeta Gundam
As I mentioned the other day, I love this! It’s HUGE, solid, and doesn’t lack in detail. I’d love to see more pics/closeups if at all possible.

-Dave

Re: 1/275 Scale Salamis Kai from Zeta Gundam
As I mentioned the other day, I love this! It’s HUGE, solid, and doesn’t lack in detail. I’d love to see more pics/closeups if at all possible.

Thanks! I plan to get more pictures, but it probably won’t be for a few weeks due to other things gettng in the way. ^^;