 Space / 37737
Re: Explorovore
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:17:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Brian Cooper wrote:
On Christmas I reconstructed a Galaxy Explorer from my 25 year old Lego
collection and had some fun with it.
------------------------------------

In the Classic Space era, thousands of Galaxy Explorer ships were produced and
dispatched into the far reaches of space. This was not without consequences...

Space is an ecosystem, with its own checks and balances.

It had long been theorized that non-intelligent space inhabiting animals might
exist, feeding on gas clouds, asteroids, comets, perhaps even other such animals
lower on the food chain. In the Classic Space era, another food source increased
in abundance, rich in complex organic compounds, refined metals and radioactive
elements, a candy-like treat.

Many Galaxy Explorers were lost on their missions, in fact, an alarming number
of them, information which has been suppressed for political reasons. Space
development is big business.

Recent losses of ships in the spacelanes that have been attributed to piracy may
indeed have been caused something else entirely. Consider the data: grey
unmarked, unregistered ships feigning distress and then attacking, leaving their
victims thoroughly gutted, if any remains are found at all...

I love it--the story and the MOC are great!

My only concern...does the Explorovore go for light and dark stone grey?

My assumption is that the Explorovore has only feasted on Galaxy Explorers, so
it may dislike the taste of a "better" color...

So, if it doesn't like light stone grey, does that mean new Galaxy Explorers
could be protected if made in light and dark stone grey?  (you color folks,
don't be bringing serious color issue talk here--keep it over in .color--I'm
just having a little fun and making a joke...and poking fun at those who'd like
to see the Galaxy Explorer as a Legend set...)

-Scott Lyttle