 Space / 34464
Re: Moonbase Module: Mech Bay 04
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:28:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:
   LegoMaster, this is awesome!

Aww, you flatter me, calling me by my old nic-name.

   Wow, the sheer scale of it just blows me away! The complexity and detail is stunning!

Even with basic blue brick construction, part of the real challange is determining the way it will all be laid out. Then making it all gel. What you are left with is places for a million details.

   I absolutely love how you thought out the design of this; the two tiers of cranes, the hinged scaffolding, the ground workspace area, etc. Really, this is one of the coolest things I’ve seen from you yet, Eric.

What’s cool is that the upper level cranes can swing and slide over to lift and lower body parts directly from the inside of the Gantry. The reach of the boom was factored in when the footings were placed. I wanted the cranes to have a realistic range of operability. Meaning they had to be a part of how the Mech actually gets worked on. ie.. raising and lowering the limbs and other equipment directly in the service area.

   A request though: could you take more pics of the interior?

Before I take it off the photo shoot area, I will try. Funny thing is, after awhile, I couldn’t fit my hands inside the floors anymore. So I stuggled to add as many small greebly bit in the halls as I could. So the insides are not to detailed, but there is some stuff. Mostly I tried to add Mini-Figs at every spot to “fill in”.

   BTW those honeycomb walls are just so good, I’m seriously considering stealing them, if I ever get around to building moonbases... Just giving you a warning.

;-)

Yo, M-dawg, the biggety Bombyest thing ever would be for you to make a new Mobile Platform and build a Moonbase for it. I dare you. I double diggety M-dawg dare ya. I tripple ripple quadra-ped dare you. Why I, oh.... please just make one. I send you the Base Plate. Free.

   Again, excellent work Sophie. I hope you do even more .space MOCs like this.

I hope so too. I always come back to the hood. You never forget your first love.

   Mladen Pejic