 Space / 34463
Re: Moonbase Module: Mech Bay 04
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:03:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Eric Sophie wrote:
Hey Gang, its no secret that I love the whole Moonbase Concept. So here I am
with my fourth one. I'm happy to present my latest [Moonbase]:

Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 04 - 1x3 48x48 Grey Base Plate Module.

The Zolqwith Speed Suit docks for repair. Seven levels, 50 plus studs tall,
over 80 Mini-figs. Five corridor connections. 4 Cranes.

You certainly don't do things by halves, do you? This thing is Awesome, both
in it's scale and in the details. It's like a hundred mocs in one, all held
together by the largest lump of blue and grey lego I've seen in a good while.

A hundred MOCs in one. I like that saying. It does split in to three sections.
Each of the three base plates carries a section, they can be re-combined in to
form new patterns. As many service gantry center sections can added as desired.
(blah say that 3 times fast)

The 4x4 turntables and empty drawers used as structural element please me in
particular for some reason.

The pleasure is mine, sir, I assure you. (this is where you start backing away)
lol!

Sevice vehicles planned such as re-fueling vehicles and a Mecha Support Rig.

I had great fun and satisfaction building this two week project.
One of many to come, this Mech Bay combines key ingredients that I both
originally wanted to include in my first Mech Bay and from feedback I
recieved.

No Mech Bay is complete with out a set of cranes, so I built four of them.

And why not.

hee hee

Check my {Schleim}:

Is schleim. Is good.

You know I kept making the number 40 on the other side like three times.
Is that dumb or what? Who knew upside down and backwards could be so confusing.
Next time I recommend the following:

Building Schleim? Build the left side, behind you, to the right.
Build the right side upside down and to your left, while looking in a mirror.
What's so hard about that? Don't knock it till you Schleim'd it.

All in all, I like it, I think its fun, its big, I have no more Blue Brick,
and I can't wait to connect it together with other Modules at [Brick Fest]!

Anything else is gonna be dwarfed by this. :) Look forward to the photos of
it in situ at BF (damn that Pacific Ocean).

We'll keep that in mind. Or, I could toss it over the big drink so you can see
it.

Allister