 Space / 26952
Re: Matrix Weapon Tech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 06:07:42 GMT

"John Riley" <Rohnjiley@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:HIw6Dv.178o@lugnet.com...
WARNING:  I forgot to put a spoiler warning for those of you who have not • seen
Animatrix or Reloaded yet.

<El Snippo>

neo's abilities in the real world made sense to me, if one cares to take a
very broad view of how he alters the matrix. through concentration, he is
able to bend the physics of the matrix (so he can fly, run on walls, stop
bullets, etc). it seems logical that these capabilities would carry over, at
a greatly reduced level, into the real world. (kinda like flight-training in
a simulator. you can't learn how to fly perfectly in a box on hydraulics,
but you can get a pretty good idea how to fly). and as stated in the first
movie, the human body produces a great deal of energy. neo simply
concentrated of projecting that energy from his body like a wall... and it
worked, but doing so sapped his body of the energy it naturally produces,
hence the coma. in the matrix, his abilities are like enetering cheat-codes,
but since the matrix emulates reality, he is in essence forcing reality to
accept his cheat-codes.

and on the subject of weapons, it makes sense to me that some hoverships are
armed, and some are unarmed. the Osiris looked like a much more substantial
craft than the Nebuchadnezzar, and if you recall from the first movie, the N
was built in the US (if I remember the inscription on the core correctly),
which would mean it has been around since before the second renaissance.
they were probably light military craft, with the osiris more likely to
encounter enemies, and thus was equipped to fight back while it was running
away. (I wish we could've seen the battle for Zion...)

anyway, just my $.02

-Anthony