 Space / 26952
    Re: Matrix Weapon Tech —Anthony Babington
    "John Riley" <Rohnjiley@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HIw6Dv.178o@lugnet.com... (...) seen (...) <El Snippo> neo's abilities in the real world made sense to me, if one cares to take a very broad view of how he alters the matrix. through (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Matrix Weapon Tech —Michael Bosch
   (...) ditto (...) If I might interject and flog this dead beast some more, if there was fusion energy available, why the need for humans? If the robots had fusion technology, the only point in keeping people around would be as reactor fodder, NOT as (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Matrix Weapon Tech —David Laswell
   (...) If you think that's a problem, consider this. How much energy do they need to produce to _feed_ all of those people? How much energy are those people capable of producing? Where do they get all the extra energy required to keep up with food (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Matrix Weapon Tech —John Riley
   (...) My impression from the first movie is that after a human is no longer useful for energy production, they are pureed and fed to other humans thru IVs. You still have a net loss of chemical energy each generation though, since some carbon, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Matrix Weapon Tech —Lars Gjerløw Jørgensen
   John Riley's utterance expressed in news:HJ9AIv.22zx@lugnet.com: (...) This has been discussed a lot in the local danish movie-group on usenet and the general conclusion is that the machines enslave the humans partky for energy, but mostly for (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Matrix Weapon Tech —Matthew Miller
   (...) "Partly" for energy wouldn't even work. We're *really* inefficient batteries. But luckily, there's an even better possibility -- they're using the humans as a big biological computer. A supercluster of neural networks. They run the matrix to (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)