 Space / 26991
Re: Matrix Weapon Tech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:43:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Riley wrote:

The Animatrix is a good resource. The first Animatrix film, “Flight of the Osiris,” has the hovership Osiris combatting Sentinels. They used machine gun turrets, similar to the laser turrets that Han & Luke use to shoot down TIE Fighters in the Star Wars Millenium Falcon.

I actually totally forgot about seeing this. After seeing Dreamcatcher I’ve been trying to forget about it ever since. Maybe my brain accidentally lumped “Osiris” in with it. This is perfect. Thank you!

Hi,

I have not read the entire thread carefully, but I believe nobody has yet talked about the (PS2)game “Enter The Matrix” ?! When I came to the last level WARNING!!! SPOILER!!! I had to defend Niobe’s hovercraft from Sentinels, by manning the machine gun turrets at the front and at the rear of this craft, called the Logos. Ofcourse it also has an EMP aboard, but -like written elsewhere in this thread- this is only used as a last resort...

According to the info of ‘Enter the Matrix’ The Logos is a smaller hovership, by concept similar to the Osiris. The Logos would be the most maneuvreable and fastest hovership of all. Niobe is captain aboard , Ghost is gunner and there’s a third person (play the game to find out who....), has at least 2 ‘plug-in-seats’(?) to jack into the Matrix and has two gun turrets (one at the front and one at the rear) plus an EMP... ...indeed, playing this game, you’ll find out the Sentinels have no shielding, but WARNING, SPOILER the last kind of Sentinel you’ll have to fight is way smarter, has got a different shape (bigger also) and is more difficult to defeat...

Hope this helps you too, John, when creating your craft!

Greetings from a big time lurker from Holland,

Erik Boons (Lugnet member 1386)

   The last Animatrix film, “Matriculated,” shows how the freed humans try to capture and convert the machines. So a hovership could possibly have deployable bots for combat. Depends on the ethics of the captain.

The Logos has none (at least not in ‘Enter the Matrix’)...

   .....I assume that the hoverships have been outfitted with additional armanents, along with the mecha suits (an unarmored mecha suit is seen when the Nebucaneezer arrives in Zion in Matrix Reloaded).

The Logos has no mecha suits aboard either (lack of bots and additional armor might explain why the Logos could be the fastest ship perhaps?)

   Hope this helps with your inspiration: I look forward to seeing the hovership (I assume this is why you asked!)

Oh definitely. I can’t believe I forgot about the Osiris. Machine guns baby, machine guns.

Play Enter the Matrix if you can’t get enough of machine guns...! (nope, I’m not a game software retailer ;-)

Erik ‘Bengh Zeran’ B