 Space / 26990
Re: New Moonbase Module - Queen Fleebnork Stasis Chamber
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:17:56 GMT

Fools! You don’t know what you’ve done!

You think it’s natural that fleebnorks can be used as an energy source? It is an *engineered* species. For what purpose? I can only speculate, but consider this:

Every major starship has at least one fleebnork attached to its hull. They seem easy to remove, almost a benign nuisance, yet they could easily destroy a ship if all their energy were released at once. I believe that fleebnorks are sophisticated bio-limpet anti-starship mines. Each fleebnork could be linked to its queen on a unique hyperspatial frequency. The progeny fleebnorks may allow the queen to track the location of all infested starships and send a signal to destroy them! By capturing the queen you may have initiated the destruction of countless starships across the galaxy - a horrible catastrophe and the beginning of a new dark age of space travel. I suspect this also happened in the distant past, destroying a previous galactic empire as there was no longer any means to hold it together. The fleebnorks may have evolved since then, but their core design capability has likely remained intact.

Release the queen immediately! Feed her chocolates! Wax her shell! Say nice things to her!

Don’t dismiss me as a crackpot! I’m a scientist! I know what I’m talking about...

(Moonbase Security finally arrives at the Stasis Chamber and tries to haul off the raving madman... but he suddenly dematerializes.)

“K”