 Space / 16588
Re: Moonbase Project: Wider Corridors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:48:22 GMT

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:H13DMv.1JH@lugnet.com...
I would ask people not to blow this out of proportion...

Jon,

Can you please confirm Larry's interpretation.

Thanks,

Jude

Yup.  What he said. :-)

We wouldn't even begin to tell others what they can or cannot build.
But now I feel we've come to a bit of a crossroads in the project.

I honestly feel that to link to a 'rogue-module' in the links section is
going to be about as effective as 'endorsing' it on the site.  Say a new
user comes and checks out the site and see's no mention of a wide corridor,
then they browse the links section and see one module with a wide corridor.
What would they make of that?

Granted, a wider corridor that could still connect to other modules is not
that big of a deal, but the point will come when someone wants to submit a
module that really sidesteps the standard.  What then?

If 'Builder 2' with the module on a 32x32 baseplate sees 'Builder 1's' Wide
corridor in the Links section don't you think he will assume his module has
every right to be there as well?

At the meeting we spent a long time discussing color-scheme.  Originally it
was going to be pretty restrictive but we dropped all mention of it before
we launched the page.  When I wrote the page I tried to make it as clear as
possible that a module could be anything the builder wanted.  We
incorporated the super-module idea into the project.  When someone said
'Monorail'  I freaked out because I thought it was such a cool idea.  My
point is I really think we have been very open about the whole process.

I'm under the impression that most people are very happy with the standard.
Only a few people have said certain things should be changed.

I've already been blabbing for too long.  I'll say this:
Can we at the very least wait 6 weeks until we can see the first real
moonbase at NWBrickcon before we change things up further?

Thanks

-Jon