 Space / 16565
Re: Moonbase Project: Wider Corridors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:09:53 GMT

Actually, this seems like a pretty good idea to me; I'd been
struggling with the idea of an in-door mass-transit system &
this could solve one of the problems quite eligantly - the use
of 'shims' so that you can mate it with either standard or
'fat' corridors is excellent. Not sure it needs to become part
of the formal standard; I'd say use it for your own modules,
and bring along enough 'slim-shims' to make sure you don't
have any problems mating up with others - & bring along
some spare 'wide-shims', just in case anyone else (e.g. me)
has adopted the idea too !  Doesn't damage the current
standard, but adds another twist to the whole marvelous
madness we call 'moonbase' !

In lugnet.space, Markham Carroll writes:

I have designed a corridor that allows space for more minifigs to fit
through, and some corridor converters.  The doubled width of the corridor
would work well in the high-traffic areas of the moonbase, and are still
easy to convert to the narrow pathway.  Is this design acceptible for the
standards?