 Space / 16570
Re: Moonbase Project: Wider Corridors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 01:33:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jude Beaudin writes:
In lugnet.space, Markham Carroll writes:

I have designed a corridor that allows space for more minifigs to fit
through, and some corridor converters.  The doubled width of the corridor
would work well in the high-traffic areas of the moonbase, and are still
easy to convert to the narrow pathway.  Is this design acceptible for the
standards?

BTW, anyone want me to design a Moonbase logo?  I am pretty good at drawing.

--
Markham Carroll

This can only work if all wide corridors are set 2 studs back to allow room
for the adapter to the standard width without affecting normal design. This
would also mean you need a four stud deep connector to attach two wider
corridors together.

Not necessarily.  You can make a modular connector sleeve which disconnects
from the corridor itself with 1x1 technic bricks.  So, switching out a
standard connector with an adapter would be easy.  Similar to the modular
corridor idea on the Moonbase site, if people want to make their mating
interface modular to allow for adapters, that's cool too.

I like this idea a lot - it does not damage the standard because it is 100%
adaptable.  And I like the idea of wide corridors :-)

-Tim