 Robotics / 27554
Re: Official New Service Announcement From The BrickEngraver--LONG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 00:11:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Bob Parker wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
   Back in the late 60’s or early 70’s a guy name Steve Brand (this if from memory) came out with The Whole Earth Catalog--An Access to Tools. Big rage in the hippie/design/commune/techno geeky subcultures. He essentially provided a source for tool and from there applications resulted.

Whole Earth Catalog by Stewart Brand

Steve/Stewart not bad for 40 years of being in a muddled brain of millions of pathways. Even got “access to tools” right. As you can tell, that was a really important book in my youth. And memories from youth are the ones that stick the best in old age.

Incredibly interesting reading and would make a good resource for anyone wanting to learn about the years when technology really bloomed. Low tech and high tech.

Tommy