 Robotics / 26189
Re: NXT newsgroup needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:42:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Suzanne Rich wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   Can we get a lugnet.robotics.nxt newsgroup soon?

I started this thread, so obviously my vote is for creating a separate NXT group.

In other posts some people indicated they’d like all discussions grouped together so they’re easier to see in news reading software.

It’s been my habit to post to the most specific group I can, and then cross post to levels higher up. A post about the RCX from me would be in both lugnet.robotics.rcx and lugnet.robotics with the follow-up group set to lugnet.robotics.rcx. That way people at the higher level at least see the first post in the thread if their software makes them subscribe to each subgroup.

I noticed the RCX subgroup itself has subgroups for different languages (lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc), and presumably many of those languages will be NXT-compatible eventually. I think a bigger issue/decision to make concerns them.

Do we want to split programming discussions based on the hardware?

lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc lugnet.robotics.nxt.nqc

A given language will be pretty much the same regardless of what hardware you’re running it on . . . or will it? I guess this is only applicable to the non-GUI languages. Clearly the new NXT-exclusive graphical language can’t be put under lugnet.robotics.rcx, so where else would it go? It would have to be under lugnet.robotics.nxt.newGraphicalLanguage

Thus, we need lugnet.robotics.nxt for that, too.