 Administrative / Suggestions / 1385
Subject:
NXT newsgroup needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2006 20:25:44 GMT

Can we get a lugnet.robotics.nxt newsgroup soon?

Re: NXT newsgroup needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2006 23:11:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jordan Bradford wrote:
Can we get a lugnet.robotics.nxt newsgroup soon?

I believe this topic has been mention before that is no reason to create a new
newsgroup.  The reason for the robotics newsgroup is cover all areas of
robotics: 'Mindstorms','RCX', 'NXT, etc.

I am starting to feel there is 'TOO' many newsgroups within the same general
themes.  Where there is a break down or 'click' groups type like in school is
starting to form.

The next thing someone is gonna request:
lugnet.plates
lugnet.bricks
lugnet.special-ops
lugnet.minifigs
lugnet.wheels
lugnet.bandcamp
lugnet.etc.etc.etc.
lugnet.blah.blah.blah
lugnet.ego
lugnet.superego
lugnet.freedom
lugnet.braveheart
lugnet.boogiemonster

Just my 2 bricks
-Abner

Re: NXT newsgroup needed
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Abner Finley wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jordan Bradford wrote:
Can we get a lugnet.robotics.nxt newsgroup soon?

I believe this topic has been mention before that is no reason to create a new
newsgroup.  The reason for the robotics newsgroup is cover all areas of
robotics: 'Mindstorms','RCX', 'NXT, etc.

I am starting to feel there is 'TOO' many newsgroups within the same general
themes.  Where there is a break down or 'click' groups type like in school is
starting to form.

I disagree. I think there are many things pertaining specifically to NXT which
don't need to go in the general robotics group. Which also has a sub-group for
all the other programmable bricks. I would certainly like to see a NXT-specofoc
sub-group.

ROSCO

Re: NXT newsgroup needed