 Robotics / 26172
Re: NXT newsgroup needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 23:35:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jordan Bradford wrote:
Can we get a lugnet.robotics.nxt newsgroup soon?

What's the current consensus on this?

Personally, I'm feeling like we should add a group, and do it now, as people are
beginning to receive their sets. But I don't use this area frequently.

Would we have a volunteer for curator of this new area? The job would involve
management of the sidebar of the LUGNET web interface, and being a welcoming
face for those entering the community. Underlying pages can be created, for
things like an NXT FAQ, which would probably live at: lugnet.robotics.nxt/faq/
And a list of links to useful sites and helpful resources. [I've already noticed
a lot out there: commercial ventures, specialized curriculum, hardware test
results, and other great stuff. MOCs too, of course!]

If we do decide to add the group, I'd only be concerned about the non-inclusion
of the large quantity of info that's been shared thus far. Because, I'd hate to
see redundant querries from newcomers. Plus, the NXT group sort of has it's own
history already. ...What if we made an early post to the new group with a list
of links to the prior discussions? (we'd need a volunteer to assemble one.) Is
it even a legitimate concern? Would there be a better way of acomplishing
something like that (other than re-posting)? Reposting can be tough, as I
understand it, and makes a mailbox-burden for e-mail subscribers.

Please share your thoughts, everyone!

-Suz