 Administrative / Suggestions / 1385
  NXT newsgroup needed

Can we get a lugnet.robotics.nxt newsgroup soon? (18 years ago, 6-May-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) I believe this topic has been mention before that is no reason to create a new newsgroup. The reason for the robotics newsgroup is cover all areas of robotics: 'Mindstorms','RCX', 'NXT, etc. I am starting to feel there is 'TOO' many newsgroups (...) (18 years ago, 6-May-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) I disagree. I think there are many things pertaining specifically to NXT which don't need to go in the general robotics group. Which also has a sub-group for all the other programmable bricks. I would certainly like to see a NXT-specofoc (...) (18 years ago, 6-May-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) Actually I thought the decision was more of a 'wait and see' than a definite 'no reason to'. There were quite a few very enthusiastic responses to having an NXT group created, and three our four equally enthusiastic disagreements initially. (...) (18 years ago, 7-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) I am in favor of creating a new group. Just as we wouldn't want messages about the Spybot brick or the Scout brick getting lost in a sea of messages about the RCX we do not want messages specific to the RCX to be lost in a sea of messages (...) (18 years ago, 7-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) Thanks, John. You've described things well. I'm holding off on creating a new group for a few reasons. One is: when more information comes to light about the NXT, it may become apparent that 'RCX' is a good place for discussion of it. (Heh, At (...) (18 years ago, 9-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) As I've been one of the lucky few who have had the opportunity to play with the NXT as part of the MDP, I can tell you that these two are vastly different beasts. I've found the hardware, software, even building techniques to be significantly (...) (18 years ago, 10-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) What's the current consensus on this? Personally, I'm feeling like we should add a group, and do it now, as people are beginning to receive their sets. But I don't use this area frequently. Would we have a volunteer for curator of this new (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NXT newsgroup needed

I like the idea of the newsgroups staying together -- I mean having one newsgroup for RCX and NXT stuff. I read all the information. I like seeing what people think of the NXT and how they are using it. I'd rather not monitor two lists. I intend on (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

I can see most groups in one place, as I use most of them like a mailing list (although this means I miss out on the joy of FTX). I tend to agree that I would like to see both NXT and RCX stuff as well as a lot of the other robotics and lego stuff, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

My thought is to have a single Mindstorm group because I think almost everyone is interested in both. I only have a single RCX and am not planning on upgrading anytime soon (got into RCX relatively late in the game). In fact I am hoping to find a (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

Hi Robert, That would work for us on a mailing list, but not those who want to differentiate by drilling down on the web interface. If you are on a mailing list, it really is pretty painless to subscribe to more than one list. I think having two (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) At the moment, I'd suggest looking at these, if you haven't already: (URL) (18 years ago, 5-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) I started this thread, so obviously my vote is for creating a separate NXT group. In other posts some people indicated they'd like all discussions grouped together so they're easier to see in news reading software. It's been my habit to post (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) Suz, I wouldn't worry too much about this - once NXT becomes widely available, a separate group will more than have its justification. You'll always find newcomer questions in such groups, as happens on all forums or lists, and the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) [...] (...) Ah, yes. I see. And yesterday a friend told me much the same thing. So, I understand both the logic and wisdom of what you are saying, and I agree. (...) true. I believe there are a fair number of such people. (...) good point. (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) I vote yes please. ROSCO (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

(...) Another YES from me. Roger Glassey (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT newsgroup needed

I still think it would be a good idea to have a separate NXT group. -- David Schilling (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)