 Robotics / 26205
Re: NXT newsgroup needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 00:57:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Gereon Stein wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Suzanne Rich wrote:
If we do decide to add the group, I'd only be concerned about the non-
inclusion of the large quantity of info that's been shared thus far. • [...]
Is it even a legitimate concern?

Suz, I wouldn't worry too much about this - once NXT becomes widely available, a
separate group will more than have its justification. You'll always find
newcomer questions in such groups, as happens on all forums or lists, and the
well-established search feature of LUGNET as well as the increasing quality of
search engine indexing of the news will help to keep these requests on a
reasonable level.

Ah, yes. I see. And yesterday a friend told me much the same thing. So, I
understand both the logic and wisdom of what you are saying, and I agree.

[..] RCX aficionados certainly will not want to discuss NXT details when they
are not considering an upgrade / switch, [...]

true. I believe there are a fair number of such people.

As for issues relating to more than one architecture, cross-posting is a
valid and well-established way to handle this within LUGNET.

good point. (obvious as it is..)

So I certainly vote yes for an NXT group plus related pages if anyone is
willing and able to contribute there.

Agreed. thanks.

(others' comments also appreciated.)

-Suz