 Robotics / 26190
Re: NXT code - Point turn and find closest object
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:49:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Gordon B <gordonlbuchanan@gmail.com> wrote:

This doesn't seem to be real accurate. Can someone else
improve it?

   It looks really similar to code I wrote for DAZLR to do the same thing,
except that I didn't come up with the idea of reseting the rotation sensor so I
could use a "Wait for zero on rotation sensor" to relocate the target - very
nice idea, consider it borrowed ;-).
   What do you not like about the accuracy? Does it always seem to aim for one
edge of the target? How big (apparent angular size) are the targets you're
trying to locate? You might have to figure out where the *center* of a target
is, instead of just "where was the closest returned 'ping'?". Another
possibility is to slow down the spins (possibly the target-finding, but
especially the target-relocating) to prevent slipping or overshooting. Or modify
it to use the Move block instead of the Motor block (that way you can take
advantage of the built-in firmware PID control).

--
Brian Davis