 Publishing / 3489
Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 01:30:55 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.publish, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.publish, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
is this the best solution?

While it wasn't originally designed
for kids, the fact is many children visit the Gallery each
day.  In light of that, there is no responsible option other
than full moderation.

Then could you *please* implement a facility to move pics / folders ASAP, as
I for one will find it a pain having to have stuff re-moderated just to move
it to a different folder.

Maybe... BUT...

Right now I'd rather he put time into making the moderating facility a bit
more efficient for moderators, there is a terrific backlog of stuff to chew
through... I was just in there doing some and it's a lot of work. My fingers
are sore from all the mousing, some keyboard shortcuts might be nice.

Also...

Personally I'd like to be able to visit someone's folders while in moderator
mode and approve them, one by one as I look in each one, rather than being
presented them randomly.

There are some key contributors I'd go moderate first.. for instance right
now you cannot look at all of the work of James Mathis as not all of it has
come up randomly yet. So I would go visit his and get them cleared away (and
all of yours and all of Eric Sophies and and and, just to name a few heavy
hitters at random from many that we have)

Maybe for the older stuff the stuff that should be randomly presented should
be drawn from the folders that have the highest number of hits???

In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]

Ok since you hit on the moderation process and the massive backlog, would it
be better if we didn't submit and new or updated images to Brickshelf at
this time? I had some updated instructions I was going to post, but if it's
going to cause someone else's older stuff to get delayed I would hold off.

Maybe if the process could be explained a bit more we would understand what
all you are up agaist.

jt

ps. if you need help with the moderation process I'd be glad to contribute
some time.

Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)