 Pirates / 1600
Re: Brickfest 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:03:24 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
Christopher Weeks wrote:
Now that I'm thinking about this, a gaming buddy of mine will be interested in
playing too.  In fact, he might come ot DC for a pirate game.  He had no real
interest in LEGO, but he's been eyeing pirate sets on the net since I started
talking about it last summer.

Cool!

   The more the merrier, I say.

That
sounds like an interesting location to do semi-public events (like the
way Baylug does their meetings at the library).

I'll talk to Rob (the store owner) and see what he thinks and what about tying
it into something else.  Does anyone have any idea what it costs to get Evil
Stevie out for a game?  I'd guess that if he has the weekend free, all we have
to do is fly him out and put him up.  I guess that means that something like a
real con would have to be happening to make it worth it.

If the main focus was Pirate Con, and we didn't need Steve to bring his
ships (though if he wanted to bring some that would be cool also), I
wouldn't be too surprised if he'd trim the cost quite a bit. Of course
if he made an appearance at the hobby store, the store owner might be
willing to contribute some to any cost of bringing Steve out. We could
also charge a nominal fee. Since we'd be talking a pretty long game,
even with Steve there, I'd be happy to continue to GM (if we play that
long a time, the GMs are going to want to swap out to go vegg out for a
while).

   Or get food, or sleep (gasp)...

   I'm definitely game, with or without Evil Stevie.  (Of course I'd
   gather that he's probably reading these messages, so maybe we'll
   hear from him at some point, hopefully in the affirmative!  :) )
   GMing, or bringing ships, or what have you--or do you anticipate
   one person bringing all ships again, with islands being a community
   project?  I finally have proper island baseplates, so I'm happy
   about that prospect.  It would however be loads of fun to have my
   own ship, and I do now have enough material to make at least 12
   size-2 or above ships not to mention a whole honkin' mess of cutters
   (no small thanks to the White Pine Forest that is John Kanehl).

   Just keep me posted.  Anytime after 1 June would be magnificent,
   anywhere DC or north.  Oh, and I snagged loads of Technic 8000/
   8001/8002 and the big Race Rally set with the brown half-cylinders,
   so I can make mortars galore should we choose to implement that mod.

   best

   Lindsay