 Pirates / 1649
Re: Brickfest 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:42:42 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:

Would the place be available 24 hrs. Sounds like a yes. I would guess
that if we didn't want to stay there 24hrs we could arrange to lock up.

Maybe not.  But if someone else would take the midnight-0400 shift, I'd take
the 0400-0900 or whenever we were going to start.  I do early mornings much
better than late nights.

If the main focus was Pirate Con, and we didn't need Steve to bring his
ships (though if he wanted to bring some that would be cool also), I
wouldn't be too surprised if he'd trim the cost quite a bit. Of course
if he made an appearance at the hobby store, the store owner might be
willing to contribute some to any cost of bringing Steve out. We could

That's what I've been discussing with him.  He seems open to it.

also charge a nominal fee. Since we'd be talking a pretty long game,

Yeah.  I've been trying to work out how to subsidize Steve's participation.

Frank, to get email at the addy from which you post?

Chris