 Pirates / 1595
Re: Brickfest 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:07:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Frank Filz writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:
   Frank--what about that idea you had to run some kind of Pirate Game
   outside Brickfest?  (In particular, a weekender sort of thing, maybe
   a "PirateFest"?)  If BrickFest will be soon (like April), maybe some-
   time over the summer might something like that be possible?  (Whoa,
   really convoluted English alert!)

I think a Piratefest would be awsome. I'm not sure if I could come up
with a venue though (my apartment certainly isn't big enough for a
game). I think someplace in the mid-Atlantic region would be best, which
would suggest D.C. as a good option.

Once Lindsay is back, GardenSLUG (Lindsay, Andy Lynch, and I all played last
summer, so we probably have significant concentrated interest) might be willing
to host it if you're willing to come a bit farther north.

I have a couple options in mind.  We have local game cons and Piratefest could
easily be tied into one of them.  (As a matter of fact, Steve Jackson is
sometimes a GOH at the larger of the two (but that's in the fall), so the
tie-in is quite natural.)  Also, and I'd have to talk to those involved, the
local game store that I patronize has a largish vacant slot in the strip mall
with it that they use for mini-cons a few times each year.  If we could make a
marginally profitable tie in (maybe sync with a mini-con, seek players from his
customer base, or bring AFOLs to his game shop) then he might hook up with the
mall management in order to make that space available.  The place in the mall
is really big (like a medium drugstore or a small grocer), so there would be no
real space restrictions.

Chris