Re: Brickfest 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:46:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Frank Filz writes:
Tim Courtney wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Richard W. Schamus writes:

I'm sure that as soon as they have something worked out for Brickfest they
will let us all know. Hopefully that will be one of the main topics during
their upcoming meeting.

They (Rich -- THEY??? aren't you in WAMALUG?) should be working on it pretty
soon if they want to have a successful event.  (I guess I'll switch to
'you,' I am in the WAMALUG group) :)  The success of last year has made MANY
more people want to come, I wouldn't be surprised if we doubled turnout this
year.  So, you (WAMALUG) should get stuff underway and a date picked soon.
I already volunteered to help after a little while I can put in time to
organize it, maybe even throw some LDraw stuff together for the fest.  I
just want to know when it is so I can plan my trip out, and I'm sure others
feel the same!

And as with last year, I'm game for running Evil Stevies Pirate Game. I
will be shortly getting into building mode, and reviewing the rules and
proposing some rule changes.

   OK--I'm glad this topic is coming up.  I don't know what sort of
   dates are under consideration, but my Spring is now officially "full".
   (The perils of doing research in Britain--appointments 4 months ahead
   of time, all of that.)  So if a date after, say, 22 May is under
   consideration, I could and would make it, complete with pirate ships
   (and, at that late a date, probably also with _Queen_ in tow).  I'd
   love to be there, but unfortunately I'm not very flexible anymore.
   And this time it has nothing to do with the NLSO!  :S

   Frank--what about that idea you had to run some kind of Pirate Game
   outside Brickfest?  (In particular, a weekender sort of thing, maybe
   a "PirateFest"?)  If BrickFest will be soon (like April), maybe some-
   time over the summer might something like that be possible?  (Whoa,
   really convoluted English alert!)

   best,

   Lindsay