 Pirates / 1648
Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 04:23:02 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:

If I had a little more luck with separating the deck from the
hull on the bow and stern pieces, I'd be interested in a few more for
more color combinations (brown and green would look nice as would white
and green, and what the heck, why not dark grey and green - which also
lets you have an all black ship...)

I seperated a whole bunch of these and screwed them back together in a
variety of ways, but I was just looking at the hulls and must confess I
don't remember how I did it!

I've been able to separate a few trivially, but all the rest that I've
tried on have resisted all efforts and I haven't been willing to force
it. Someone once mentioned making a pry tool, but I've tried a few
things (including carefully placed screw drivers). I've wondered if
there's a sonic weld or glue which happens to be of varying strength
(though I didn't notice any sign of such on the pieces I was able to
separate).

Frank