 Pirates / 1615
Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 07:36:07 GMT

Jon Furman wrote:

Now we all know that the Black Seas barracuda will represent itself very
well here,  It is the first flagship set, and one of the most detailed.  But
I want to know who really likes what out there?  There are some great sets
in every pirate year, but which one do you love personally?  Why?  Is it for
the  parts, is it for the figures?  Is it for the playability, Innate
coolness, bang for the buck?  Who loves the small sets? Lets hear some
chatter out there!

It's always a tossup between 6285 Black Seas Barracuda and 6277 Imperial
Trading Post for me. 6285 is absolutely the best ship, and what would
pirates be without ships. On the other hand, 6277 is a beautiful little
port with a nifty little merchant ship (the pirates need something to
capture). Additionally, that little merchant ship features prominently
in Evil Stevie's Pirate Game as the ship pirates start with if playing
the campaign game.

My personal fave has got to be the Eldorado Fortress!  I mean never mind the
fact that there is no place for the soldiers to eat, sleep or live, it has
got great parts(yellow castle walls!)(Darn that Frank Filz for outbidding my
sloppy sniper attempt today! JK!!) It's got shooting cannons!  It's got 6
soldier figs! a perfect ratio of officers and enlisted men ,Including
Governor Broadside!  Lets talk playability here, It's got a crane, and a
cellar to store stuff in.  Plus for coolness, you've gotta love that rifle
covering the front ramp!  And don't even get me started on that clear wine
glass!  It's such a cool set that I don't even mind that lame dock!

6276 Eldorado Fortess is definitely a nice set.

Wheweee!  Don't even get me started on Sabre Island (Cheap source of wall
and soldiers, even a palm tree to boot), or the Trading post (gotta love the
merchant ship)You see what I mean?  This is just the tip of the iceberg!  I
want to know why people love the crossbone clipper too!  (someone has too!)

For the smaller sets, Sabre Island is very nice.

Ultimately, when it comes down to it, I like almost all of the pirate
sets. The later ones are not as well designed, but the concepts are
still good.

Frank