 Pirates / 1689
Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 23:10:03 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:

If I had a little more luck with separating the deck from the
hull on the bow and stern pieces, I'd be interested in a few more for
more color combinations (brown and green would look nice as would white
and green, and what the heck, why not dark grey and green - which also
lets you have an all black ship...)

I seperated a whole bunch of these and screwed them back together in a
variety of ways, but I was just looking at the hulls and must confess I
don't remember how I did it!

   "I'd had a lot to drink that night, and one thing led to
    another..."  :)  "It was all haywire...cats and dogs sleeping
    together, folks reassembling Pirate hulls..."

   Perhaps it was just that Bruce Magic.  I'd love to know how
   you did it, too!  I thought there was some kind of pinch-latch
   as well as the screws, else a hidden screw in the extremities
   of the piece.

I'm thinking it's a sonic weld which sometimes doesn't get made at all.
I've tugged and pulled and yanked and pried (gently) some hulls and
never got them to budge, on the other hand, the 6268 hull I just washed
the other week practically just fell apart after I removed the screws. I
need to go through my hulls and see what parts I have which do come
apart so I can do some mixing and matching.

I have a brown hull with a green deck, so I know I didn't dream it.

Bruce