 Pirates / 1634
Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:25:26 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Jon Furman writes:

This is just the tip of the iceberg!  I
want to know why people love the crossbone clipper too!  (someone has too!)

I find the Crossbone Clipper pathetic.  It's the only pirates line ship that
I actively dislike.  I like some better than others, but overall I like
every ship except this one.  It takes a fair amount of parts to convert it
into anything respectable.  The best thing I can say for it is that it
inspires you to build MOC pirate ships.

The best thing I can say for it is that it's a relatively cheap source of the
Priate Wench minifig.

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely not my favorite set or anything, but the
presence of the Wench raises it a few notches in my estimation.

The wench helps, but I find her pretty easy to get in eBay lots. I've
got two 6250s and don't really have a desire to get more. Had it had a
center section of course I would have been buying them up as fast as
6280s. If I had a little more luck with separating the deck from the
hull on the bow and stern pieces, I'd be interested in a few more for
more color combinations (brown and green would look nice as would white
and green, and what the heck, why not dark grey and green - which also
lets you have an all black ship...)

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com