 Pirates / 1633
Re: Pirate hulls: how many different ones are there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:20:07 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
   But that said, I would have loved to see center sections for
   the FTV 12-wide hull.  Dark grey?  Ironclad time!  (Yes, I do
   have them on the brain, as it were.)

Yea, I'd like to see the dark grey 12 wide center section. Also, a black
one would be nice (hmm, want to see a class 5 HMS Bugsplat????).

I totally agree on the whole Shipwreck idea.  In fact, I have one spare 16 wide
Stern piece that I attach to a plate for an obstacle while playing the Pirate
Game. (once again, inspired by watching Evil Captain Stevie)

   Oooh...that's a great idea!  Perch it upright, and it would be
   nice and ominous.  One could even make a Waterworld-esque Pirate
   Atoll out of semi-wrecked ships.  I've been blessed with some
   of the fixings of islands, and if we have our Pirate Game of
   the East Coast late enough this year (read: after 10 June), I
   could even put some together.

I had an extra stern section for a while, traded with Heather to even
her up, and then ended up tossing the one I got from her into Jambalaya
General Box #1 (I hope whoever took it was appreciative). I tried
playing around to make it stick up at an angle as a shipwreck, and
decided I didn't like how it went together.

   BTW, Frank, I've noticed you buying Pirate lots again...is
   there some sinister plot in the making?  ;)

Going after a few more red soldiers and buying lots of Islanders which
are mostly non-King Kahukas so I can have a more balanced Islander
population. I'll probably start selling lots of King Kahukas at some
point. Of course I did just receive a Launch and Load Seaport yesterday,
which of course is going to sacrifice the red 10-wide boat hulls to a
pirate brig. I'll probably rebuild the ship with a blue or a black hull,
perhaps white. I also just realized I actually have 5 Sail 'n Fly
Marinas. I thought I had 2 before Lindsay sold me two from the UK, but
it turns out I had got one from Italy and had 1 used one from eBay and
one used one from another Lugnetter.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com