 Pirates / 1614
1613  |  1615
Subject:
What is the best Pirate set ever?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 04:54:27 GMT

Now we all know that the Black Seas barracuda will represent itself very
well here,  It is the first flagship set, and one of the most detailed.  But
I want to know who really likes what out there?  There are some great sets
in every pirate year, but which one do you love personally?  Why?  Is it for
the  parts, is it for the figures?  Is it for the playability, Innate
coolness, bang for the buck?  Who loves the small sets? Lets hear some
chatter out there!

My personal fave has got to be the Eldorado Fortress!  I mean never mind the
fact that there is no place for the soldiers to eat, sleep or live, it has
got great parts(yellow castle walls!)(Darn that Frank Filz for outbidding my
sloppy sniper attempt today! JK!!) It's got shooting cannons!  It's got 6
soldier figs! a perfect ratio of officers and enlisted men ,Including
Governor Broadside!  Lets talk playability here, It's got a crane, and a
cellar to store stuff in.  Plus for coolness, you've gotta love that rifle
covering the front ramp!  And don't even get me started on that clear wine
glass!  It's such a cool set that I don't even mind that lame dock!

Wheweee!  Don't even get me started on Sabre Island (Cheap source of wall
and soldiers, even a palm tree to boot), or the Trading post (gotta love the
merchant ship)You see what I mean?  This is just the tip of the iceberg!  I
want to know why people love the crossbone clipper too!  (someone has too!)

Lets talk!  Jon