 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3034
Re: Robotic Combat on TV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 07:22:43 GMT

I just read something that didn't really dawn on me before from the guy who
built some of the robots mentioned before:

http://www.robotcombat.com/tips.html

"Cutting weapons (chainsaws, circular saws, drills, etc), while they usually
don't do much damage (they require the target to stand pretty still to be
effective), they DO give the bonus of perceived damage (SPARKS), and the
audience and judges love it. "

I keep forgetting the bouts are judged...

Calum