 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3026
Re: Robotic Combat on TV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:01:08 GMT

"Ivan Louch" <ivn@idirect.ca> wrote in message news:GotL7p.9Dw@lugnet.com...

On another note - just motorized my 8466 with a classy "V8" of • gear-motors,
only to find out that the gear-box isn't strong enough for the amount of
torque required to move this monstrosity... Even on the 1st and Rev gears
the diffs and 12t bevel joints start falling apart - not a pretty sight
=((

I wanted to try doing this too. I was thinking, maybe I have to rip out the
transmission and the diffs and just put a gearmotor directly on every wheel.
Or 3:1 reduction at each wheel. It wsa just an idea though, I haven't
actaully done anyhting on it :)

    Iain