 Model Team / 718
Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 07:03:29 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Ross Crawford writes:
Almost-minifig-scale, based on DEMAG AC100.

http://www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/allterraincrane

Hey, nice one Rosco!

Clever design on the boom, both extension and elevating.

But why didn't you use real drive and suspension, bet you could have fit some
RC from HiTechnic in there aswell :)

The stickers look OK from here, and they lead me to explore the BRE-site, did
not know of that previously (nice models, especially the grader). Perhaps you
can find transparent sticker material?

Glad to see someone who makes "small" MOC's. I wish I did sometimes, my
projects always get to big to keep my attention through the build. Hm, time for
a minifig-scale Hercules?

My only somplaint/suggestion is that your site -like Dennis Bosman's- needs a
maximized browser-window (1152 x 864 at work, 1280 x 1024 at home) to avoid
side-to-side scrolling. Personally I hate that. I like to keep my browser in a
800-ish wide and as tall as the resolution allows.

You've added some nice details, the motor, fake pneumatic housing, driver
instrumentation etc.

Can you beat TJ's maxlift? Seriously though, how much weight can it handle
at most?

As Eric said, the trolley is a nice thouch. How do you attach the boom
extension? Perhaps the answer is there post-moderation...

Thanks for the inspiration Rosco!

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu